Pastor William H. Ball, III and the congregation of Mount Olive Baptist Church in Pottstown, PA hired S. E. Smoker, Inc, to construct a brand-new church facility for them at the corner of Jackson and Mintzer Streets, Pottstown Borough, Montgomery County, PA.
This new Mount Olive Baptist Church construction project is on a site slightly less than 2 acres. The main floor of 5,980 sq. ft. has a narthex, lavatories, several offices, audio visual room, and a sanctuary with fixed seating for 226 persons. The finished daylight lower level of 5,725 sq. ft. has several classrooms, lavatories, a kitchen and fellowship hall, and children’s church area. The entire new building totals 11,705 sq. ft.
The structure of the church building consists of split-face block foundation, steel bar joist and concrete floor deck, wood framed walls, and a clear span wood truss roof system. Exterior finishes are split-face block, flexlite, and asphalt shingles.
S. E. Smoker conducted the following pre-construction services for this project.
- Building design and project budgeting
- Exterior fly by
- Color rendering and congregation presentation
- Structural engineering
- Civil engineering plan review
- Construction plans and documents
- Plan submittal, code review and permitting
Mount Olive Baptist Church Construction Services completed on this project included
- Site excavation and grading
- Complete building construction
- Parking lot, lighting, and landscaping
- Curbs, sidewalks and walkways
- Storm sewer and inlets
- Water collection basins
- Public water, sewer, natural gas, and electric connections